There is a song called 'Give Thanks', written by Henry Smith and recorded by songwriter and singer Don Moen. 'Give Thanks' is simple in it's lyrics but powerful in it's message. "Give thanks with a grateful heart Give thanks unto the Holy One Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son And now let the weak say, 'I am strong' Let the poor say, 'I am rich Because of what the Lord has done for us' Give thanks" I Thessalonians 5 says " 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." So many people struggle to give thanks when life hits hard. This scripture doesn't say to give thanks FOR those trials, but to give thanks IN all circumstances as we go through them. There is power in thanksgiving. God has been trying to teach me to give thanks in all circumstances for a while now. When I was going t...
St. Patrick’s Day is one holiday that most of the world enjoys celebrating. These days, celebrating St. Patty’s Day means green clothes, green drinks, and green rivers, with the loose interpretation of an Irish shamrock meets the luck of the Irish and “Kiss me, I’m Irish." The real story behind St. Patrick’s Day begins with a teenager, who was believed to be named Maewyn Succat. He was not even Irish! At the age of 16, Maewyn was kidnapped by pirates and sold into slavery in Ireland as a sheepherder. It was there that he learned the Irish language and began to pray to the God his parents had told him about. Maewyn was in slavery for about six years when he escaped. It is said that he had a dream from God telling him to walk along the coast and find a ship waiting to sail to Britain. He did as God told him in his dream and there was a ship, and he escaped. There are many stories as to the timeline of Maewyn’s life, but one thing everyone agrees on is that aft...
Valentines Day is approaching very quickly. Typically this holiday comes and goes in our household with nary a nod from my husband as he doesn't "do" what he calls Hallmark holidays. When our kids were little I would give them little gifts with lots of hearts and stuffed animals and of course sweets. Later when they were in college I would send care packages to them with a more grown up version of the same. I have also given my husband cards, chocolates and yes, even once, a stuffed bear. But now that the kids are in their own homes, with their own sweeties, the excitement of a one-sided holiday has lost it zing. Or has it? This year I decided to decorate the table in a romantic theme for this soon to be neglected day. In truth, I was demonstrating a PartyLite party at my house and instead of a typical demonstration, the hostess and I opted to show our guests how to decorate using PartyLite products. I loved that she decided toward a Valentines Day t...
Oh yeah, you are going to love them in the spring when your tulips come up!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,Chris
When spring comes Dave will be hunting them!!! I will not be happy with them when they start chewing on my landscaping!!
ReplyDeleteBetter watch out if Kolby and I ever come to visit! :)
ReplyDeleteMiss y'all!
Love,
Lindsay