Blame

It's been a minute since I have participated in the Five Minute Friday link up. Each week this community is provided a one-word prompt, and we all set our timers and write for five minutes, then post our writing on our respective blogs. So here we go! 


This week's word is: Blame


Since Adam and Eve, humans have blamed others for things they have done or felt.  Adam blamed Eve for eating the apple. Eve blamed the serpent for making her do it. Why are we are always saying it’s someone else’s fault? 


In today’s society, blame is the what everyone seems to be doing. Color against different color, religious beliefs against other religious beliefs.  Political opinions and accusations spew against each other, and the list goes on.  We are all so quick to point out the fault of others before we even take a moment to reflect on our part of the equation.


Jesus states in Matthew 7:3-5, “Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?” My mother once told me that other people will point out faults, or make fun of someone in order to try to make themselves look better to others and make themselves feel better about themselves. She was a wise woman. We see blame and judging so frequently especially in today’s woke society.


I cannot begin to say I have anything perfected, but the older I get, the more reflective I become. I’ve seen so much hate, anger, and violence stem from someone blaming something on others before anyone has a chance to get any facts straight. Especially on social media, I see hateful comments and I wonder where it all stems from. Why are people so quick to blame and judge others? I believe it helps the person who is doing the blaming to feel better about their own thoughts and actions.


 I John 1:9 states “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” That’s our first step!! Once we have confessed our offense, our shortcomings, our actions that are not in line with God’s word, then we come from a place of humility, released from our pride and arrogance, and can look on others from a place of love and forgiveness. 


Stop


Thanks for taking about 5 minutes to read my post. This post is part of the weekly Five Minute Friday link-up!

Comments

  1. Amen, so wonderfully spoken.
    FMF#15

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, We see so much anger and blame today., but looking back we can see that it is a consequence of the fall

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good!!! Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Popular posts from this blog

In a Heartbeat

Christmas tablescape

Soon!