30 Days of Thanks Nov 9

Dave travels frequently and whenever he comes back he always says, " It's good to be back home."  Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word home as a familiar or usual setting.  I have been very busy this week and just tonight helped assist at a large wedding. When I came home tonight, I felt that same contentment at being home.

 We have moved several times in the almost 30 years we've been married, so I believe home is not just the physical building we reside in, but the familiar setting we count on. Dave and I count on each other being there when we return.  We can be free and easy with each other just being "ourselves" in each other's presence, communicating without even speaking. You've heard the saying "Home is where your heart is." Well, my home is wherever Dave is.

I am thankful for my home.


Comments

Post a Comment


Popular posts from this blog

In a Heartbeat

Christmas tablescape

Soon!