30 Days of Thanks Nov 13

For years now I have been trying to improve our way of eating. Throughout the years we have steadily improved our diet. First it was because I was learning about vegetarianism to help Jenn have a healthy and nutritional diet, then it was because as we grew older, the weight grew along with us. Then my cholesterol was borderline high due to genetics,but I figured surely I can do better.. and I have.

But when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2009 my research led me down a more committed path to eating the way God intended us to eat. I could get on a soapbox at this point, but I won't. However we have taken that next step in becoming even more conscience of what we put in our bodies. This week, due to my lack of neglect of taking care of me, I came down with a cold. However, I am already feeling better and I have to contribute the speedy recovery to increasingly eating better each year.

I keep wondering..how did God design our bodies to interact with food? What was His intended way for us to eat? I seriously doubt He intended us to pump ourselves full of steroids and antibiotics, chemicals and....ok, I am backing away from the soapbox.. Nothing is "by accident", as He built us so amazingly intricate. He knew what fuel we needed to operate at the highest level. I will keep researching and trying my best to take care of this body He gave me. Even though I take 3 steps forward and 1 step back, I intended to keep on, keepin' on.

I am thankful that even though I slacked on taking care of me, His grace is sufficient.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a Heartbeat

Christmas tablescape

Soon!