Hummingbirds

A single hummingbird amazingly sits still while feeding.


The perched hummingbird defended his spot, which was the entire feeder, all day. He chased off several other birds as they would attempt to come in to feed.


I captured this split second shot right before the defending bird chased off his intruder.


The other birds took advantage of the freqent chases to come and take a few sips before they got caught.



Wow, it's been fun watching the little tiny, and territorial, hummingbirds this summer. I have a feeder just outside our sunroom window. One rainy Sunday afternoon I sat for a couple of hours with my camera poised and captured some pretty neat shots of the chases and steals this day of the numerous hummingbirds that came to feed, or tried to feed. I must have taken 50 or so pictures this Sunday afternoon, many of which turned out blurry because these tiny and fascinating creatures fly so fast! I thought I'd share just a few of my favorite pictures.. Enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a Heartbeat

Christmas tablescape

Soon!