Standing Firm

Still being real here. It never fails. Whenever I move on something I feel God is telling me to do, Satan comes in for the kill. He tries to kill the satisfaction of doing something I feel led from God to do. He comes in to kill the hope, and the joy of following God's prompting.

Late last night I was inspired to think that God might be blessing me for obeying his prompting of sharing my last post, for stepping out and just beginning to write. Then today, all those hopes were dashed. Leads fell through, accomplishments failed to manifest, and what I thought was my support, failed to be encouraging, instead, I was left feeling like I was being mocked.

I wish I could say I was walking in joy for following what I believed to be God prompting me to do what He wants me to do. But I can't. I still believe in my heart I followed God's prompting, but I also believe that I need to stand fast and not let Satan intimidate me with his scare tactics. His tactics of allowing my all-too-new low self esteem to surface would be easy to fall prey to, but I refuse.  

1 Corinthians 15:58 says it so well. "Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm (determined). Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." (NIV)

I am determined to stand firm in what I believe to be God's direction for me, even if I don't understand why He is leading me down this path. I know God well enough to know that eventually it will all make sense.

So it wasn't the best of my days lately.  And even though I feel slightly discouraged, I feel empowered for first, doing what I believe is God's direction, and second, knowing that I hit a nerve with Satan or he wouldn't even have bothered to try and discourage me.   So here's a (weak) "yay" for me, for doing it anyway.

And I continue to write.







Comments

  1. AnonymousJuly 12, 2014

    Mindy you are a good writer. I for one wonder what took you so long to follow this path.. Fooey on the negative nellies. Go for it. Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 16, 2014

    If you haven't generated an income doing the things you've tried-- then do what you like if you aren't gonna generate income anyhow.
    At least make "making no money" enjoyable! Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment


Popular posts from this blog

In a Heartbeat

Christmas tablescape

Soon!