30 Days of Thanks Nov 20

 I am so looking forward to this weekend when my dad and sister come up for Thanksgiving and we, along with my oldest brother and his family that is here, will all gather around a table to share food and fellowship once again.  This year due to schedules will have our traditional family gathering on Saturday rather than Thursday. My dad and sister will travel up from southern Ohio, our daughter and new son-in-law will join us as will my brothers youngest daughter and children will be there.  On my side of the family we are missing my other brother from Texas and his family and our son and his wife and our new grand baby as well as my  oldest brother's two oldest children and the ones they love. It is always bitter-sweet this time of year when the local family gathers and we all remember those who can't be with us. My mother, who has been gone for over eight years, and our son and his family are already on my mind as we approach yet another year without them joining us at the table.

But as we approach this time of year, I am thankful to know that even though our loved ones are not physically in our presence, we can be assured that they are with us wherever we go because we carry them in our hearts.  I am thankful that we can be assured that our loved ones are with us even though we cannot see them.

Joshua 1:9 :This is my command - be strong and courageous!  Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a Heartbeat

Christmas tablescape

Soon!