30 Days of Gratitude: Day 24

I Thessalonians 5:18 says "In everything give thanks for this is the will of Christ Jesus concerning you. "

Everything is a pretty broad spectrum, surely God doesn't mean that in the literal sense of the word....or does He?

George Herbert said it so perfectly when he wrote: "Thou hast given so much to me, Give one thing more, - a grateful heart; Not thankful when it pleaseth me, As if Thy blessings had spare days, But such a heart whose pulse may be Thy praise.~"

God, I thank You for the many, many blessings you have given me, too numerous to list. Sadly my prayers of thanks can be counted. Please give me a grateful heart today and everyday.

We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures. ~Thornton Wilder

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a Heartbeat

Christmas tablescape

Soon!