Happy Birthday Jenn!

Jenn's 26th birthday was celebrated quietly at home this year with no big fan fare. I think she had wanted to invite friends over for a game night, but some of her other friends had just hosted a game night the week before and she didn't think anyone would be interested in doing it again so soon. So she requested just a quiet night at home with me and her Papa.

I took her out shopping for her birthday the week before so she could pick out what she wanted. What did she want? White fabric to make pillows for her bedroom. I wasn't about to let her stop at a measly couple of yards of fabric, and white to boot, so we shopped on. It was a chore, but somebody had to do it. :)

When the weekend arrived after her Wednesday birthday, I made a completely vegetarian dinner for the 3 of us and the cake of Jenn's choice, which this year was an Oatmeal Cake. She didn't even want a decorated cake!

Much to her surprise, I had also ordered some vegetarian cookbooks I saw her eyeing while we were shopping together, and a DVD and Chinese Checkers that she had on her Amazon wish list.


It was a pleasant birthday celebration, however not near as lively as a 26 year old deserves. But, just like Jenn, she asks for very little and is grateful for what she has. Happy Birthday Jenn. We love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a Heartbeat

Christmas tablescape

Soon!